The History of the Tottesund Mansion in short
The history of Tottesund starts in 1660, when Clas Åkersson Tott erected the first mansion in Maxmo in order to administer the 1,500 hectares of land that he had been given by Queen Christina as a fief.
The commanders of the Ostrobothnia regiment used Tottesund as their headquarters between 1734 and 1826. Between 1826 and 1938, Tottesund was the home of tenant farmers. Tottesund has been under municipal administration since 1946.
Today, Maxmo Hembygdsförening r.f (the Maxmo local history society) keeps the traditions alive at Tottesund Mansion.